ADD 2 grams (2000mg) of Pure USA Hemp Derived CBD Isolate - CLICK HERE
IMMEDIATE FREE US SHIPPING ONLY $24.97 - CLICK HERE
I was literally shocked when I came to know that Prostate cancer is the second-prominent reason for deaths due to cancer among men in the United States. It was much more deplorable when I heard that an autopsy analysis proved that approximately 1 in 3 men above 50 years old had histologic confirmation of Prostate cancer. The contemptible news was that there was about 33, 720 estimated deaths in the year 2011 due to prostate cancer in the United States. The number of the male populace diagnosed with prostate cancer remains high and is expected to increase in the forthcoming years also. Our ancestors have suggested numerous natural healing methodologies in the Ayurvedic texts to treat prostate cancer and reduce its complexities on par with nature.
Causes and symptoms of Prostate cancer: It has been found that 1 out of 3 men of age group 60 to 69 are affected by prostate problems like prostatitis and when left unnoticed it gradually develops prostate cancer. Prostate is a walnut-sized small yet a vital part of the male reproductive system found in front of the rectum and below the bladder. The vital function of the prostate gland is to secrete a fluid that is a part of the semen. Prostate cancer is the second most common category of cancer in American men and stays as the second predominant cause of cancer death in America.
The appropriate reason for prostate cancer still remains as a myth. The factors that enhance the risk of prostate cancer are hereditary, aging, prolonged smoking, continuous intake of alcohol, excess indulgence in sex, accumulation of phlegmatic constitution mainly for men in colder areas, ethnicity (African American doubles have a higher risk of developing prostate cancer), irregular eating habits and the lack of essential vitamins in the diet.
The most common symptoms of prostate cancer are frequent urination, dreary pain in the lower pelvic region, blood in the semen or urine, reduce in weight, lack of appetite, burning sensation while urinating, destabilized urine flow, swelling of the prostate gland, painful ejaculation, increased pain in upper thighs, hips, bones and lower back.
Ayurvedic treatment for prostate cancer: The best way to treat prostate cancer is to follow Ayurvedic treatment as it is claimed to be natural, safe and treats the system without any adverse side effects. Prostate, being a part of the male reproductive system known as Shukra dhatu shows signs of the emotional, spiritual and physical relationship that the affected individual has previously had with his reproductive potential. According to Ayurveda, prostate cancer is a slowly growing syndrome that gets adverse with age and it involves aggravation of all the three doshas. The most fruitful Ayurvedic remedies for prostate cancer are:
1. Healthy Ayurvedic diet: Hippocrates rightly said that ‘Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food’. Ayurveda states that a healthy eating habit can help you prevent enormous diseases and prostate cancer is one among them. When nature has gifted us with natural cures in the form of fruits and vegetables, why should we trust machines and chemicals in treating our illness? The best diet tips to combat prostate cancer are to take in cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower as they have anti-cancerous properties attributed to the presence of indole-3-carbinol, acting as a powerful anti-androgen and proven to fight the production of cancerous cells in the prostate.
Choose low glycemic foods like legumes, fresh juicy fruits that reduce the risk of cancer, remember to add turmeric in your daily diet as the presence of Curcumin has been proved to arrest the spread of cancerous cells and prevent the cancer causing elements in the prostate, make it a practice to add garlic in your diet everyday as the presence of selenium and allicin in garlic has been witnessed to prevent and control prostate cancer.
Reduce the intake of food items with animal fat and excess protein as they take much time to digest and have a higher risk of developing prostate cancer. Make sure that you always choose fresh food items instead of processed or stored food varieties. Add enough of vitamin C, vitamin E, carotenoids (present in carrot, spinach, cantaloupe, kale, sweet potato etc,) and vitamin A as these nutrients have promising antioxidants that can help you in fighting numerous cancerous diseases and aid in strengthening the immune system.
2. Yogasana: Practicing certain Yogasanas regularly in the early morning can help you in fighting prostate cancer with power and confidence. The most promising asanas for treating prostate cancer are Sarvangasana, Garudasana, Shirshasana, Sinhasana, kapalbhati, bhastrika and Pranayama, the art of yogic breathing. Get proper guidance from a practiced Yoga expert, who can aid you better in performing these asanas in the right manner.
3. Ayurvedic essential oils: The concentrated and pure oils extracted from plants are known as Ayurvedic essential oils. It has been proved that certain essential oils like Sandalwood essential oil (has been proved to eradicate 90% of the cancerous cells in case of breast and prostate cancer) and Turmeric essential oil (Curcumin in this oil is proved effective in combating cancerous cells in numerous cancers including prostate cancer with its anti-inflammatory and antinociceptive properties) efficaciously kill cancerous cells and are relatively non-toxic to other normal cells of the body.
Clinical studies have revealed that essential oils that are rich in limonene like Orange essential oil, Lemon essential oil, Idaho Balsam Fir essential oil and Tangerine essential oil are useful in fighting cancer. Few other essential oils include Grapefruit essential oil, Frankincense essential oil, Lavender essential oil and Thyme essential oil.
4. Ayurvedic herbs: There are innumerable herbs for reducing the complicacies of prostate cancer. Ayurveda suggests the use of herbs in such a way that it treats the imbalances of the three predominant doshas namely vata, pitta and kapha. The most effective herbs for prostate cancer due to vata vitiation are guggulu, gokshura, roots of the salep orchid and punarvana for their invigorating power. Prostate problems due to pitta vitiation are treated with herbs like barley, hog weed and khus khus as these herbs stabilize increased pitta with their cooling properties. Warm herbs like ginger, cinnamon and guggulu assist in treating prostate cancer due to kapha vitiation.
The other defensive herbs for prostate cancer are milk thistle, with its powerful ingredients like silybin and silymarin that are attributed to the anti-tumor properties of milk thistle herb in the view of the Herbal Safety project from the El Paso University of Texas. Stanford University suggests the use of Green tea for cancer as it acts as a powerful cancer-preventing agent. This is mainly because of the presence of polyphenols compounds in Green tea like flavanols, epigallocatechin and catechins that alleviates the free radicals, which smash up DNA paving way for cancer.
5. Tips to prevent: Prevention is always better than cure and in extremely severe conditions there is no use in crying over the spilt milk. The first and foremost simplest measure in preventing prostate cancer is to strictly follow an Ayurvedic routine that iterates on healthy lifestyle habits like rising up early in the morning before sunrise, regular bowel movement, oral hygiene that helps remove toxins known as ama in the mouth, simple physical exercises, yoga, meditation, Abhyanga or massaging with Ayurvedic essential oils, sufficient intake of water, nutritious diet in the right time and early to bed.
Ayurvedic texts talk about the importance of sunlight for healthy living and numerous research studies have substantiated this fact by proving that good levels of vitamin D protects the body from the risk of cancer and as most of us know, sunlight is the rich natural source of vitamin D. A brisk walk in the morning can not only supply sufficient vitamin D but it also fortifies the immune system, making you strong from within.
Do not panic as nature is the best doctor that can guard your health and protect you from such life-demanding diseases. As determined men, let’s take up a strong revolution to create a world that is free of prostate cancer with the greater support of Ayurveda, the mother of all healing sciences.
Disclaimer: Please do not use any of the herbs or essential oils without the recommendation of your Ayurvedic Practitioner, who knows your health condition and the remedies that would suit you better.
Thought for the day:
“Prostate cancer is like golf. You need to play it as it lies. Because the disease is variable, each treatment solution requires a unique strategy.” – Dr Charles “Snuffy” Myers
- Dr. Katz’s Guide to Prostate Health: From Conventional to Holistic Therapies By Aaron E. Katz
- The Herbal Remedy for Prostate Cancer By James Lewis Jr.
- 21st Century Understanding Cancer Toolkit: Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM), Unconventional Treatments, Herbs, Vitamins, Diets, Naturopathic Medicine, Ayurvedic, Homeopathy By National Cancer Institute