ADD 2 grams (2000mg) of Pure USA Hemp Derived CBD Isolate - CLICK HERE
IMMEDIATE FREE US SHIPPING ONLY $24.97 - CLICK HERE
Ayurveda merges with nature and instills a positive energy within us by promoting a healthy lifestyle for harmonious living. While giving total importance to curative as well as preventative health measures, this noble science detects numerous diseases at a very early stage where even the contemporary medical practices fail to establish their stand. Ayurveda unmistakably depicts and understands that good health is a reflection or a symbol that an individual is living in harmony with nature.
It often views diseases as a clear signal indicating that a human’s body is ‘out of harmony’ with the phases of nature, the ideal gift of the Creator. This superior curing system treats human beings as individuals and not just as ‘Cases’ or ‘Patients’, the way in which people are addressed in modern medical system. Ayurveda treatment is a comprehensive structure that follows innumerable techniques to heal humanity. The most popular and the must know essentials of Ayurveda treatment are:
- Herbs or plant-based medications: As Ayurveda insists on natural cure for illness and wellness, the primary things that it focuses on is the use of herbs and other plant-based medications. According to Ayurveda ‘Nature is a Rescuer’ and herbs that are part of nature are really special in curing innumerable diseases. Ayurveda either uses these herbs directly or in the form of powder, decoction, tinctures, pills, syrups, ointments, herbal teas, and infusions. Herbs were also used as a poultice, in steam inhalation, natural baths and much more.
- Essential oils: Essential oils are highly concentrated oils extracted from plants. Ayurveda uses aroma as a trusted methodology for treating various kinds of illnesses. This ancient healing science suggests the use of oils either as part of the diet, suggested applications to the affected areas, in systematic massage therapy, smearing, as air freshener to kill the germs in the environment and to treat numerous illness especially related with the mind like depression, insomnia, stress, fear, anxiety etc as the aroma has the power to control the human system by the positive effects transformed through the limbic system.
- Animal-based products: Ayurvedic treatment also involves the use of certain animal products like bones, milk, gallstones, and animal fats for external use as well as for ingestion at times based upon the nature of the sickness.
- Physical and mental fitness: Ayurveda does not stop with prescribing herbs and essential oils for well-being but recommends the regular practice of physical exercises, yoga and meditation as per the corresponding Ayurvedic body types for gaining insight and the physical power to be resistant to diseases and stay hale and hearty. Thus the Ayurvedic theory states that ‘from physical exercise one obtains lightness, capacity to work, elimination of impurities from the body, firmness of the body, efficiency of digestion, and balance of metabolism’.
- Mineral treatments: According to Ayurveda, the principle of using minerals and metals along with herbal medicine is known as Rasa Shastra, which is similar to the celebrated Alchemy treatment used in Western Europe and Mediterranean countries.
- Surgical healing: The most inspiring part of the Ayurvedic treatment is the surgical healing technique, popularly known as Shalyaroga chikitsa or the surgical science. This was initially introduced to treat the warriors during the wars when they were attacked by sharp weapons, swords, arrows etc, Ayurvedic experts also recommend surgery for complicated health conditions like cataract, piles, fistula, urinary stones, accidents and more.
- Hygienic and balanced living: ‘Purity of mind and body will help human beings live in peace’ is what Ayurveda strongly believes. For which it recommends hygienic habits like taking bath regularly, keeping the vital parts of the body like skin and sense organs clean. For a calm and tranquil mind, this spiritual science suggests habitual prayers and meditation. Taking in a balanced diet with essential nutrients at the right time also contributes to a happy life in the pink according to Ayurveda.
All the possible and potential diseases of this present-day chaos living can be covered under one protective roof, rightly named as Ayurveda.
Thought for the day:
Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
-World Health Organization
- Ayurveda & Aromatherapy: The Earth Essential Guide to Ancient Wisdom and Modern Healing by Dr. Light Miller, Dr. Bryan Miller.
- The Ayurveda Encyclopedia: Natural Secrets To Healing, Prevention & Longevity by Swami Sadashiva Tirtha
- Yoga For Your Type: An Ayurvedic Approach to Your Asana Practice by Dr. David Frawley, Sandra Summerfield Kozak