It is not necessary for you to be a Doctor to know about your body’s functioning and the aspects that are responsible for your every single action. Knowing more about your body and the reasons behind specific conditions makes you life a meaningful life. Say for example, do you know the real reason for sneezing? Human nose has mucous membrane and when its nerve endings get irritated either due to dust, allergy or cold, you end up sneezing where the trouble-causing elements are emitted. Sounds interesting right! If a human being’s single action has so many reasons behind, then think of the complexity in learning the entire system. To our surprise, the divine science of Ayurveda has classified human body types into 3 simple and easy to understand elements based on the vital parts of Mother Nature. It is also known as Doshas and the 3 essential energy elements defining the physical constitution of a human body according to Ayurveda are Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
Perfect balance of these bio-energies contributes to a healthy system and dosha imbalance leads to sickness or ill-health. Knowledge about these Ayurvedic body types will help you understand the functioning of your body and which particular dosha level contributes to your unique characteristics, attributes and health conditions.
1. Vata (Air): Vata is the most imperative among the three doshas and vata imbalance can end up in imbalance of the rest of the two doshas also. As a prominent energy element vata is responsible for all the kinds of eliminations, destructions and discharge of numerous substances from the human body to aid its better working. Few such body ejections are sweat, semen, urine, fetus, feces and few more. Controls metabolism and contributes to the vital activities like muscular movements, motivation, brain functioning along with the sensory nerves, nervous functions, respiration, circulation, heartbeat and many more.
People who are vata dominant have tall physique and a dark complexion but are extremely creative and farsighted. Sleeplessness, too much of exercise and profusion of sexual feelings can cause vata imbalance leading to digestive problems, anxiety etc. Old age, sultry summer and dusk are connected with vata energy.
2. Pitta (Fire): Your body has its own fire and it is expelled when there is a need for proper running. Pitta is your body’s conversion force that burns the things that you ingest and transforms the food into the types of energy that your body demands. Vision, ability of the body to maintain appropriate temperature, reasoning capabilities, digestion, judging potential, strength of your mind and body are influenced by pitta force.
Pitta influence reflects a fair complexion, medium structure and supple skin and has the courage and determination to face problems and resolve them efficaciously. These perfection-lovers are generally well thought-out and zealous leaders who cannot stand incomplete and fragmentary activities, which make them burning and lose their tempers. They can be affected by hot food items, high exposure to sun, alcohol and constrained feelings. Inconsistency might show the way to ulcers, skin problems, heartburn and excessive heating of the body. Autumn, noontime and maturity are associated with Pitta.
3. Kapha (Earth): Your physical beauty and your structure are solely contributed to kapha element in your body as this gives the shape to human body with its lubricating properties that connects the tissues, muscles and bones. Your strength, muscle, vigor, stamina and the ability to repair and replenish are attributed to kapha predominance. This weighty energy element checks the abrasion between the different parts of your body by moistening it while granting you the energy to a fertile reproductive system.
Kapha governing individuals will never fail in impressing and influencing others with their benevolent, dedicated and affectionate personalities. They have a heavy and well-built structure with an average complexion. Dairy products and sugary items can be trouble-making and unevenness of kapha can make them overweight, sappy, sluggish and lose excess energy with a poor digestion process. Pleasant dawn, adolescence and wintry weather are correlated with Kapha element.
Hope this helped you to have an intense learning for the real insight of your momentous life and now that you’ll know why something happens in your body, which is the greatest library in the world.
- Dosha by Wikipedia
- Dosha in Ayurveda by Organic India
- Ayurveda by SREEKRISHNA Ayurveda Panchakarma Center