It’s time to sing and ring the magic of Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way. Yes! Christmas has come and most of us are keeping our fingers crossed to experience the adventure, joy, admiration, surprise, kids’ gala, cakes, gifts, partying and all the great things that are an exclusive part of this great festival. By now you must have bought the finest gifts for your near and dear ones following the best gift ideas from various sources.
While this energy demanding eve has thousands of reasons to enchant you, it also has at least a hundred reasons to test your healthiness. The most prominent among them are tiredness, overeating, excessive drinking, rundown, stress, fatigue and running around busily as if you are about to bring home the moon for this Christmas even after buying all that you need. The perfect health of our friends and family is like an icing on the cake along with their delight and happiness heaped for Christmas. Ayurveda, the ancient science of healing for over 5000 years has the best in its kitty for everyone to enjoy the bliss of good health this Christmas.
Ayurvedic tips for healthy Christmas: Follow these simple Ayurvedic tips to stay energetic and full of life, this Christmas Eve.
1. Eat right: Ayurveda strongly states that the root cause of all illnesses is improper digestion. This is mainly because the partially digested particles remain in the system as toxic substances known as ama, which clogs our physical and mental channels functioning in the body. The most trusted Ayurvedic text, Charaka Samhita says that eating the right food at the right time in the right way can keep you hale and healthy. Avoid food items that are heavy with excessive oil, fat and cholesterol. Think before over-indulging yourselves in the lip-smacking dishes in the Christmas party. According to Ayurveda, drinking hot water can help you in quick digestion. Plan and choose your cup of tea to stay hale and hearty this Christmas.
2. Think positive: ‘The Science of life’ or Ayurveda is a realistic science that recommends positive thinking for harmonious and vivacious living. Negative thinking or pessimism can suppress your peace of mind and a busy season like Christmas will have its own ways to bring in mood fluctuations that may force in negative feelings. Keep your mind relaxed, calm and collective while attracting enough of positive energy to enjoy the real ecstasy of this season. Using essential oils like Ylang Ylang, Lavender, Sandalwood, Lemon, Marjoram, Thyme and Peppermint can instill the real confidence and uplift your mood with its energizing, stimulating, revitalizing and soothing properties.
3. Speak with your mind: Spending some quality time for YOU is more important than anything else as you can share the sense of real happiness and celebration only when your mind is stable and serene. Practicing the art of meditation along with the pure aroma of healing essential oils can grant you mental wellness and the power to beat the heat of this Christmas season. Make it a habit to practice Pranayama, the art of balanced breathing for enhancing the quality of your life, strengthening the mental power and enjoying the freedom of a healthy heart. According to Ayurveda, the healing force is within us and only when your mind is ready to get rid of an illness, your physique adapts to it.
4. Drink sufficient water: Water is the elixir of life and enough of water will help you stay active and hydrated. Drinking hot water is the classic Ayurvedic remedy for eliminating the toxic substances in your body and can make you feel light on the go. Try avoiding alcoholic beverages and even if you are forced to have it, know your limits to evade any problems.
5. Sleep tight: Early to bed and early to rise is the principle behind a successful life as a good night’s sleep promises a refreshing start to the following day. The best way to blow away your fatigue, stress and tiredness due to your busy Christmas schedule is to sleep tight throughout the night. Ayurveda suggests the intake of dinner before 7:00 PM and go to bed before 10 PM, helping you to relax your muscles, soothe your senses and assist other vital functions of the body.
Take a refreshing walk with your near ones especially in the morning to drive the dynamism and heartiness of nature. Wish you a hearty, happy and healthy Christmas.
Thought for the day:
He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. -Roy L. Smith
- 21 Ways to Enjoy a Stress-Free Holiday Season (21 Ways Books) By Daisy Sutherland
- One Trip Around the Sun: A Guide to Using Diet, Herbs, Exercise and Meditation to Harmonize with the Seasons by Rory Lipsky
- Daily Aromatherapy: Transforming the Seasons of Your Life with Essential Oils by Joni Keim, Ruah Bull
- Tips to stay healthy this Christmas by The Co-operative Magazine
- The Healing Force Is Within Ourselves by Ayurveda France
- The Root Cause Of All Disease According To Ayurveda by Bodhimed