Fragrance plays an important role in our life right from the time of birth, when the new mother smells her new-born’s forehead for engraving her first special kiss for the much-awaited joy. Fragrance takes different names when it is in different forms and few such names include aroma, odor, tang, smell, scent, whiff, perfume, bouquet, relish, savor, fragrant and many others. Every type of fragrance instills a different feeling and brings back the special thoughts about your memorable moments during which you experienced the same eternity for the first time. Yes! This is the kind of impact that Ayurvedic fragrance oils and its divine aroma are about to spell on your life for uplifting your spirits and assuaging your stress.
Stress: This is a universal phenomenon that most of us experience in our day to day lives. Lack of awareness and the incapability to manage stress ends in tensed muscles, sleep apnea, increased blood pressure, slow digestive mechanism, amplified pulse rate, rapid breathing and your immune system becomes weak. Stress is the root cause for various mental disorders like depression, anxiety, irritability, tendency to forget things, unsecured feeling, anger, fatigue, lack of concentration, unhappiness and agitation. Ayurveda has ample remedies to alleviate stress, uplift your spirits and help you regain your hale and heartiness.
Ayurvedic fragrance oils for balancing stress: Fragrance oils are extracted from plants and the natural essential oils with original odor extracted from plants are highly desirable than the ones blended with synthetic aroma compounds for instilling the extra flavors. Brain is a vital organ that controls and contributes the mental health, emotions and feeling of our senses. As these functional areas are correlated with each other, the aroma of fragrance oils transforms your emotions and nurses back to health. Natural fragrance oils like Neroli, Jasmine and Lavender have proven effects in treating stress and stress-related symptoms.
- Neroli oil: Neroli has an energizing and flowery aroma that aids in treating stress along with depression, insomnia, nervous disorders, headache, digestive problems, irritable bowel syndrome and few other conditions associated to stress with its sedative, antidepressant, antispasmodic and relaxing properties.
- Jasmine oil: With its antidepressant, expectorant, antispasmodic and antiseptic properties, Jasmine oil spreads a temperate and flower-patterned fragrance that rejuvenates your mind while gradually decreasing your stress levels. This spiritual oil treats tension, dry skin, sensitivity, headache, catarrh, stress, anxiety and boosts your confidence.
- Lavender oil: Lavender is a splendid curative for stress and depression. The soothing, relaxing, revitalizing, therapeutic and calming effects of this oil help you to bounce back from your mental trauma with its proven anti-inflammatory, sedative, nervine, antidepressant, analgesic and antiseptic properties.
You can use these celebrated fragrance oils separately or as a heavenly blend in your bath tub, or your diffuser.
Ayurvedic fragrance oils for uplifting your spirits: When your stress is beautifully handled with the above stated fragrance oils, now try heartening and elevating your spirits with the lovely, passionate, worth-remembering, stirring and enriching fragrances of sandalwood oil, geranium oil, patchouli oil, peppermint oil, chamomile oil, lemon oil, mandarin oil, ylang ylang oil, rose oil and other citrus fragrance oils.
Try using these therapeutic oils for pampering your mind and body with a gentle massage and it’ll be a great experience to get massaged with the tender love of your near ones.
- What is stress? How to deal with stress by Medical News Today
- Fragrance oils by Wikipedia
- Scents for helping with relaxation and depression by Livestrong.Com