Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. You can find the real truth of this verse if you take it close to your heart!!! Heart is one of the most vital human organs, not only because it propels oxygenated blood to the human body, but also propagates one of the most essential elixirs of human life to the humanity, which is LOVE & PEACE!!!! How difficult would it be to come across a problem with such a prodigious part of your body!!!! Even the simplest issue may lead to serious outbreaks if not treated properly. I’m not here to threaten you; rather I’m just trying to share some of the splendid ‘heart’ shielding systems of the stupendous scintillating science called as Ayurveda.
Before selecting the right treatment to proceed with, the most important thing that one should know is the root cause of the ailment that he/she suffers from. The top most imperative idea behind this fact is that it helps you to explore the depth of the treating process of an ailment and whether it progresses with the root cause rather than just momentarily moving with the ill effects of the illness. Heart diseases have become so common and the major root causes are listed below:
1. Stress – Drain the Strain from your Brain: Chronic stress is that one major contributor for heart problems for it plays a vital role in promoting hormonal alteration and biochemical retorts, which activates the cardiovascular disease and draws it under the deadly shadow of PRESSURE!! Stress is also a silent contributor to hypertension, poor eating habits, weakened digestion, slow elimination and increased cigarette smoking, which are all the major risk factors of heart diseases.
Ayurveda and Ayurvedic essential oils play an important role in dealing with the three types of stress a human body can experience namely Mental Stress, Emotional Stress & Physical Stress. Mental stress can be brought under control by managing the mental activities which is greatly induced by aromatherapy, meditation and an expert Ayurvedic massage therapy. Emotional stress can be kept at bay by undertaking an Ayurvedic pattern of daily diet which includes cup of warm milk with cooling rose petal, cardamom, garlic, onion, coriander, cilantro, mint etc. A simple self-massage with cooling oils like coconut oil can help you in the long run for managing a good night’s sleep, which is trusted to bring down your emotional stress. Physical stress can be pacified by taking the necessary rest and following moderate exercises, switching to a healthy Ayurvedic diet and a soothing Ayurvedic massage.
2. Ineffective Circulation – Try circulating it: One of the key sources of heart problems is ineffective circulation of blood, which is caused due to hardening, inflammation or congestion of the arteries. Ineffective circulation of blood can restrict blood flow as well as set excess pressure on the heart muscles and tissues. Some of the factors that greatly influence proper blood circulation and Ayurveda’s role in toning up these factors are:
- Nutritious Food – Human’s Best Intake: The very first wealth a human should possess is health and the key technique of acquiring this wealth is the intake of nutritious food. There are certain food items that are heavier and clogging in nature. It affects blood circulation. Ayurveda suggests natural remedies in healing blood circulation issues. Arjuna (Terminalia Arjuna) is one such nature’s gift, which has some unique properties that help in strengthening the cardiac muscle, reducing arterial congestion and lowering blood pressure.
- Digestion, Elimination, Metabolism – Three keys to better circulation: Digestion, Elimination and Metabolism are the three key processes that go hand in hand in harmonizing the process of circulation. The ability to digest is even more important than what is actually consumed. Even a nutritious food may turn notorious if the process of digestion is improper. Poor ability to digest may even turn the stalest food to toxic, which act as clogging impurities that find shelter in the vessel walls.
- Elimination is that one process which when slows down makes the body to absorb the impurities. These impurities when absorbed not only clog the vessels but may even damage them!
- Metabolism comes into effect in building the tissues properly and removing the waste products created by cells and tissues. There are many toxic waste products which possess the ability to damage vessel walls and one such product is free radical.
Ayurveda, as everybody knows is one source of enormous healing methodologies that provides complete solution for supporting systematic digestion, elimination and metabolism.
3. Daily Diet & Lovable Lifestyle – Live it!!! Love it: You can predict your future with the diet and lifestyle you follow. Yes, this is absolutely true since your diet and lifestyle frames the healthy structure of your body both internally & externally. A nourishing diet truly cherishes your body and if not taken in the right way it can exactly show its adverse effects. Ingesting heart friendly herbs, spices and staples like garlic, turmeric, ginger, saffron, whole grains, pulses etc, can help you a long way prolifically.
4. Live right to lead right with a righteous lifestyle: Yoga – a simple systematic sibling of Ayurveda helps in stabilizing your body skillfully. One can follow practicing this wonderful tool, which can shape your lifestyle blissfully!!!
It is always good to remember that prevention is better than cure. No matter what the root cause is? It is only you who is responsible for all that happens to you!! Nature has blessed us with plenty of uncountable resources, which can be proved fruitful if utilized in the right way. Let us make use of the heart of Nature – Ayurveda to soothe the human heart.
Thought for the day:
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart. –Helen Keller
- AYURVEDA FOR CORONARY HEART DISEASE by Dr.Shashikant Patwardhan
- Textbook of Ayurveda, Volume One: Fundamental Principles by Vasant Lad
- The Digestive System and the Process of Nutrition in Ayurveda and Ayurvedic Medicine by C. Scott Ryan
- Ayurvedic Treatment For Heart Diseases by Ayurveda For You
- The Maharishi Ayurveda Approach To Cardiovascular by Authentic Ayurveda Health Spa – The Raj
- Ayurveda Approach To Treating Stress by Holistic Healing