I have decided to do something special from today……Something that can refresh your minds………something that can influence your thoughts and something that can augment your purpose of living………….. Yes! All I am about to do is to share a strong thought of life every day, so that along with Ayurveda, the ‘Science of Life’ you will also learn something that says ‘What Life Is All About?’. To begin with today’s value for life, here comes the first wonderful thought to enlighten you.
“The doctor of the future will give no medication, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, diet and in the cause and prevention of disease”. – Thomas Edison.
How will you call someone who inculcates on your complete wellness? Won’t you feel like calling or comparing that person to your ‘Mother’ even though he/she is not related to you in anyway either through a blood relationship or through friendship at least? For such a special, sturdy and genuine reason, Ayurveda is called as the ‘Mother of All Healing Sciences’. No wonder that even in today’s digital living, this method of holistic healing is the precursor and pioneer of mind-body medication for which it has been identified as the medicine of the future, even before thousands of antique years.
As per Dr. David Frawley’s renowned book ‘Ayurveda and the Mind- The healing of consciousness’, Ayurveda identifies four principal levels of healing. They are:
- Disease Treatment: An occurrence of a disease is a clear indication that your body is not working in the exact way it should work. There is something wrong within your arrangement. This is the final stage when the human system needs to be repaired and treated for wellness. The noble science of Ayurveda trusts in healing mankind just in a pure natural way without the use of vaccines, exasperating allopathic medicines, serums, toxic or harmful pharmaceutical drugs and extremely powerful injections with high chemical composition. Ayurveda, the science of simplicity believes in treating illness with the use of a unique healing power in the universe, which is nothing other than ‘Mother Nature’ with the protective and secure Ayurvedic therapies for physical, mental and emotional fitness.
- Disease Prevention: The superiority of a healing system lies in that progressive move of preventing the disease along with the treatment. Ayurveda is such a superior way of curing people as it considers that each individual has a unique physical and mental set up. Identifying their Ayurvedic body types or Doshas and guiding them in leading their lives in a methodical way according to an individual’s constitution of mind, body, senses and more (Prakriti) inherited at the time of birth. Each of the three doshas contributes and governs particular functions and Ayurveda teaches and helps one to restore balance between the doshas and lead a resistant life that is free of diseases. Health is an enduring process and Ayurveda educates you in maintaining a uniform order in your lifestyle, eating habits, work atmosphere, psychological and other environmental conditions.
- Life Enhancement: Ayurveda has a strong faith in the thought that a disciplined lifestyle with a nutritious diet, use of natural herbs, Ayurvedic essential oils, and Ayurvedic massage therapy along with the regular practice of meditation, systematic yoga and regular exercises is a sure shot way for leading a sustained life with an increased life span. This is how the ancient Ayurvedic practitioners and the followers of Ayurveda helped themselves for living longer with full of positive verve and vitality.
- Awareness Development: The eternal and spiritual science called ‘Ayurveda’ does not create awareness about a particular disease or illness just like an AIDS awareness program. It does much more. It makes us understand the real meaning of spiritual freedom and help us realize our stand in this universe. Above all it insists on an amazing fact that the universe is vested within each individual and the way we use our energy and strength gives a real purpose to our lives to carry with. The best way suggested by Ayurveda to gain this awareness is the real quality time you spend for yourself through meditation.
Look at the way that Ayurveda has put up the virtual meaning for a human’s life. Undoubtedly, it renovates us and this power is more than enough to heal humanity and revolutionize one from illness to complete wellness.
- Ayurveda and the Mind-The Healing of Consciousness by Dr. David Frawley
- Ayurveda Beyond the Elements By Lyn Vasudeva
- Ayurvedic Healing by Dr. David Frawley