Dysmennorhea is often sickening and agonizing. Severe menstrual pain that comes before or on the onset of cyclical menstrual periods is referred to as Dysmennorhea. It lasts for 1 to 3 days of menses and is often accompanied by vomiting, dizziness, depression, headache, nausea, stress, fatigue and bloating. The discharge of the prostaglandins and oxytocin hormones during menstruation is the basic reason for primary Dysmennorhea. The best way to treat this threatening physical condition is with the use of Ayurvedic treatment that can completely cure Dysmennorhea without any adverse side effects.
It’s nature’s law and the beauty of nature often ends up in gifting all the biological complexities to the most elegant, steel-hearted and the greatest creation in the world, none other than ‘Women’. Generally women scrawl in pain during their regular menstruation and whisper a solid statement that says ‘Why everything for women? Right from menstrual pain to labor pain, why everything for women and nothing for men?’ Young ladies, never curse your creation and love to cherish it as Ayurveda considers human body as a temple and appreciates your individuality.
Blessed are women: Men have higher risks of heart disease than women as the female hormone called estrogen is active till menopause and the impurities in the blood are often discharged during your cyclic menstrual period. You are safe because of your reproductive cycle!
Ayurvedic treatment for Dysmennorhea: Ayurveda has its own magnificence in treating each health condition. It treats Dysmennorhea according to the Vata, Pitta and Kapha body types.
- Ayurvedic herbs: The science of life suggests the use of effective herbs like Sweet fennel, Lemon balm, Pasque flower and Dong Quai, popularly known as the tonic for assisting the reproductive health of women. It also suggests the use of combination of Aloe vera with black pepper.
- Ayurvedic essential oils: Using Ayurvedic essential oils with emmenagogue, analgesic and antispasmodic properties are trusted to treat womanly problems like Dysmennorhea, Amenorrhea, Leucorrhea and much more. Few such special essential oils with emmenagogue properties are Clary Sage essential oil, Rosemary essential oil, Angelica essential oil, Lavender essential oil, Juniper essential oil, sweet fennel essential oil, Jasmine essential oil, Myrrh essential oil and Peppermint essential oil can balance your hormones and help alleviate the painful menstrual cramps. Gently massage any of these essential oils or a blend of two or three to calm your nerves and soother your abdominal pains.
- Yoga asanas: Ayurveda suggests practicing asanas like Padmasana for lessening menstrual pain as it gradually improves blood circulation in the lower part of the body while steadily enhancing metabolism, treating hormonal imbalances and control menstrual pains.
Ayurveda recommends the intake of healthy diet with green leafy vegetables, fresh fruits, and food items rich in magnesium like banana, barley, whole grains, broccoli, spinach, artichoke, beans and few others. Drink lot of water to restore the energy levels. Ayurveda also insists on the detoxifying system called Panchakarma that cleanses and removes the toxic substances from your body assisting in improved circulation and stress-free living.
- Painful Menstrual Periods / Dysmennorhea – Symptom Evaluation by Med India
- Aging and Heart Disease by Heart Health Women.Org
- Angelica Sinensis by Wikipedia
- Padmasana and Benefits by answers.myYOG.com